Sunday, June 22, 2008

Os Outros: The Hours

"- Tell me a story.

- What about?

- Tell me a story from your day.

- I... I got up...and...I went out...and went to buy flowers...like Mrs. Dalloway in the book, you know.... and it was a beautiful morning...

- Like a...like a morning on a beach?

- Oh, yes.

 

-Like that?

- Yes.

- Like that morning...when you walked out of that old house and you were eighteen...and maybe I was nineteen.

- Yes.

- I was nineteen years old...and I'd never seen anything so beautiful. You, coming out of the glass-door in the early morning still sleepy.

- Isn't it strange?

- The most ordinary morning in anybody's life... I'm afraid I can't make it to the party, Clarissa.

- The party...doesn't matter.

- You've been so good to me, Mrs. Dalloway... I love you. I don't think two people could've been happier than we've been."

Esse, pois, é um dos diálogos ao final do belíssimo "The Hours", com Nicole Kidman em atuação impagável.


>> Turn you inside-out; REM; Green

>> Juventude; J. M. Coetzee; Companhia das Letras

No comments: